I received the following profile survey from a friend of mine (Paul H.) in June 2001. They sat in my mailbox for 2 years and then I finally responded to them just for fun. Here are the responses.
1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT?
Single. One-Bedroom Cottage.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
None recently. But I’d like to believe I’m reading G.E.B. (Godel, Escher Bach) since it’s a book I’ve wanted to read for a long time, but never quite made it further than the foreword yet!
3. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Umm… nothing, just a concentric pattern. The one at my office was more fun. It said: Size does matter.
4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Life — I think that’s what it was called. Played it when I was a kid. It was something where you had to choose a certain number of points for Happiness, Fame and Fortune and the objective was to get to that number of points as you play the game. Only played it once when I was maybe 6 or 7, but I still remember it. Anyone know what it was really called or where I can get it.
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
Umm… Don’t really read any. But if I had to pick one I would say Business 2.0 and Inc.
6a. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Sweet perfume on a gorgeous woman or Hot Chocolate Souffle baking.
6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS?
Seafood or really smelly seafood.
7. FAVORITE SOUND?
Running water (in a stream, not a tap!)
8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Being cheated (in more than one context)
9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
What do I have to do for the day or did I oversleep already!?
10. FAVORITE COLOR?
Used to be black, but now I think it is green.
11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
Depends who is calling. Sometimes I don’t answer it at all. Caller id rocks.
12. FUTURE Child’s NAME?
Don’t need one since I don’t plan on having any “future child” as yet. Maybe later. But I’ll take it as my future dog’s name and it will most likely be ‘pi’ (3.14159)
13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE?
Personal happiness from being rational.
14. FAVORITE FOODS?
Chocolate (good chocolate.. not Hershey’s… Hershey’s sucks. Lindt, Godiva or Swiss chocolate)
15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
Yes, but that rational side of me says that it’s not worth the risk of getting a ticket or getting points on my license. The safety side is not as much of a risk as the ticket since that is something that depends on your skill as a driver.
17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
Do I look that prissy to you? (hello, no)
18. STORMS – COOL OR SCARY?
Both. But more cool than scary.
19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
A 1988 Toyota Corolla
20. MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE?
Richard Feynman — to be able to judge for myself if he was really as cool as his books make him sound. I doubt it.
21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
Are you kidding? Zodiacs are for people who don’t know any better.
23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I have it. Because I don’t have jobs. I make jobs.
25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR WHAT WOULD IT BE?
hmm… been thinking about this one. I might try something crazy just to shock people. But otherwise, I wouldn’t dye my hair at all.
26. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?
27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
Both or Neither. Anyone who says empty or full isn’t considering both options. And anyone who doesn’t say Both or Neither isn’t considering all perspctives.
28. FAVORITE MOVIES: The Usual Suspects, The Shawshank Redepmtion, Beethoven
29. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Nope
30. WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED? Nothing.
31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 2 – the smallest prime
32. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? none
33. SAY ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU: ha ha…
34. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU EMAILED THIS TO-WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?. None. Because I don’t forward chain mails.
35. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU EMAILED THIS TO-WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? None. Because I don’t forwrd chain mails.
36. WHY DID YOU FILL THIS OUT? I was bored while sitting at the car dealership getting my car serviced, plus the email had been sitting in my inbox way too long.
37. IF YOU COULD BE ONE FRUIT, ONE ANIMAL, AND ONE POSSESSION OF YOURS, WHAT
WOULD YOU BE (one answer for each)? A Kiwi (it’s roungh ont he outside, soft andbeautiful on the inside), A dog (that one’s easy), My computer (it can’t think, but it is most logical — it’s that an oxymoron)